- 1 our video
- 2 Manual Installation of the start menu
- 3 Classic Shell
- 4 alternative software
- 5 Future versions of Windows
This method only adds a folder "Start menu" and does not change how to use Windows 8 and can continue to juggle between office and home
- Click the task bar with the right mouse button;
- Choose the option Toolbar ;
- then select New Toolbar ...
- Go in the disk containing Windows (C in general) then ProgramData then Windows
- Select the file without opening it Start menu
- Click below on Select Folder
- And now you have your Start menu in your taskbar! Click the two >> to the right of the Start menu to use it!
Classic ShellThis software can restore the Start menu as you know Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows Vista ...
You can uninstall this software by simply going into your control panel as you would with other programs.
- Download Classic Shell from this link and save the file
- Run the downloaded file
- The following menu allows you to choose what you want to install. For most users, touch nothing and simply click Next (Next)
- The software is now installed! Click Finish
- As you can see a Start Menu button appeared! Click it, select from the 3 proposed presentations and click OK and here is configured!
Note: you can choose the All setting option to adjust the many parameters available, and you can make a backup before editing via the Backup box.
- Confirm the change
- This is to complete the installation click Finish
- You can use your new start menu! The novelty compared to previous versions of Windows is the appearance of the Applications menu that corresponds to the reception of Windows 8!
- As you can see, by going down to the left or by clicking on the Windows key on your keyboard, the home of the Windows 8 no longer appears and is replaced by the start menu. No worries applications of former Home windows still exists. To get there:
- Via the Start menu select Applications option and you will find all your tiles!
- Via the charm bar otherwise (you go to the right instead of the bottom left).
Open the Charm bar and click Home to find your tiles
Start 8This software is very effective and can restore a task bar but is chargeable.
- Official site
Ex7forW8This software is free and also restores a Start menu
8StartButtonThis software can be downloaded here, will restore a task bar is customizable, it is a free version and a paid version.
Examples of Start menu with 8StartButton:
- Website here
Future versions of Windows
- Article TLC
- Second Article TLC
- Third Article TLC
- Fourth Article TLC
Failed to version 8.1, it was not until Windows 10The Start Menu 8.1 is an incomplete substitute. It will COUNTER on Windows 10, which debunks the tiled pavement, to deliver a start menu that combines the two solutions.
Download this article (PDF)
Original article published by deri58. Translated by jlpjlp. This document entitled " Windows 8 - Start Menu "stemming fromHow it works (Www.commentcamarche.net)is made available under the Creative Commons license.You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license,as this note appears clearly.download this article (PDF