The company is located in a rapidly evolving environment, it must transform, innovate, to be competitive position. IT projects are by nature in the heart of business innovation and result in implementation breaking business process and changes in user practices. The human factor and is the main cause of failure of such projects.
The driving change (Sometimes called that which accompanies change) Is to facilitate the acceptance of the changes induced by the implementation of a new project and reduce rejection factors. The term driving change sometimes with a pejorative connotation, can be advantageously replaced by the term " driving innovation ".
Change management involves anticipating risks, define and implement an approach for the implementation of a solution in optimal conditions. Driving steps of change are generally based on the following triptych:
- participation : Involve users from the beginning of the project, in particular to take into account their views and ensure that the final product meets their expectations;
- communication : Establishing a communication device throughout the project to allow the company stakeholders understand and accept the changes ahead and to be informed on the progress of the project;
- training : Ensure that users have acquired theoretical and practical knowledge required.
The involvement and participation of people in the process is a key factor for success, change management should not be limited to training and awareness.
See as well
- Change management: 5 principles to be respected
- Wikipedia: definition of change
download this article (PDF