Mail MergeYou can use Microsoft Outlook 2010 as a data source for the operations of Mail Merge in Microsoft Word contact. Merge is a task of Word, it can not be started from Outlook.
1. In Word, on the Start group of mail merge in the Mailings tab, click Start Mail Merge, and then click the desired type of document. The active document becomes the main document.
2.In the group Start the mail merge, click Select recipients, click Select from Outlook contacts.
To knowIf you need further assistance regarding the process of mail merge in the Mailings tab, in the Start Mail Merge group and direct mail, click Start Mail Merge, then click Merge Wizard Step by Step Mail. You can refer to the information in this article when you reach step 3 of the Mail Merge Wizard, entitled "Select Recipients."
3. In the dialog box Select Contacts, click the contact folder that you want to use in the merger and Mailings, and then click OK.
4.La recipient list appears in the Merge dialog box and mail Recipients, in which you can refine it. You can, for example, send a letter only to customers of the list with a specific postal code. To narrow the list of recipients, do one of the following:
- If your list is short, it is best to check the boxes recipients and uncheck those corresponding to the recipients you want to exclude. If you want to include most of the list in the process merge, click Select All, then uncheck the entries to exclude. Similarly, if you want to include only a few records in the list, click Clear All, and select the desired input.
- The sorting of items in the list is more convenient if you want to display the items in alphabetical or numerical order. Click the column header to sort element. For example, if you want to list alphabetically by name, click on the column header name.
- Filtering of items in the list is used when you know that the list contains records that you do not want to see or include in the merge. After filtering the list, use the check boxes to include and exclude records, as described above. Click the arrow next to the column header to sort item, then click on one of the following options:
- (Blanks): all records in which the corresponding field is empty.
- (Not empty) all records in which the corresponding field contains information.
- (Advanced) allows advanced sorting and filtering. Use the tabs Filter Records and Sort Records to create a sorting or filtering query. For example, if multiple addresses refer to Canada as a country / region, your filtering criteria could be Canada.
TrickIf you regularly send mail to the same people, it may be smart to create one or more contacts folders dedicated to which you assign meaningful names. You select the folder in step 3 and in principle have nothing to do else.
The filtered records are displayed in the Merge dialog box and mail: recipient. To display all records, click (All).
5. Click OK or, if you use the Fusion and no Mail Merge Wizard step, click Next: Write document type.
6.Finissez composing the document and complete the merge process, clicking Finish & merge. Better to save the main document, which also saves the connection between it and the data source. The next time you want to make a similar merger, open the main document, so you can quickly complete the merger or connect to another source.
Callers will receive a personalized message as well (with the sender and recipient), just as if you had written them one by one and then shipped directly in Outlook.
Be aware that users are increasingly reluctant to receive such mailings, they often equate to junk mail if messages are too frequent and not targeted enough: not use this option with caution and after careful reflection.
The original of this factsheet is an excerpt from
"All for good use Outlook 2010" (Fabrice LEMAINQUE Collection CommentCaMarche.net, Dunod, 2010)
download this article (PDF