- 1 Create the wallpaper
- 1.1 The simplest solution: create an animated GIF
- 1.2 Example software: Ulead GIF Animator
- 2 Install the wallpaper
Create the wallpaper
The simplest solution: create an animated GIF
An animated GIF is a very simple animation format. You need a little animation software to create your wallpaper GIF.
Example software: Ulead GIF Animator
Ulead GIF Animator, combines animations, images, sounds, text and videos. A free software very successful and easy to use.
- Menu main top
- Tools to the left
- elements imported and created right ( "Objects")
- displays animation below ( "Frames")
Step 1: Create a new project
Use the "File / New" menu, you will determine the format of your creation.
For a wallpaper, it will depend on your screen resolution and the desired size of the animation. Do not hesitate to do testing.
The most common screen resolutions today (in pixels) are: 1024 * 768 and 1280 * 800 and 1280 * 1024.
Step 2: Import and add items
- To add an image: 'File / Add Image "
- To add text and format: very simple via the toolbox: by activating the "T" button.
Step 3: manipulate each element
Each element (named "Object") of each screen is independent (right of the screen), and the tool palette then used to modify each (zoom, move, etc.).
To note : must be positioned correctly on the layer of the element to be sure to act on the desired item (in blue above).
Step 4: manipulate the animation: frames
At the bottom of the screen you can see your "frames" or each screen of your animation. You can create, duplicate, add, edit, delete every frame. To set the speed web use the "Frame Properties" button.
Step 5: Preview animation
The "Preview" tab or the "Play" function allow you to preview the animation.
Step 6: Install your creation on your desktop
Two possibilities :
- The export directly to your desktop
- Save it to your hard drive and then install
In your case, simply do: "File / Save as" and then select "GIF File"
To note :
- The recording is done by default ".uga", the software format.
- The recording formats are multiple. If you want a Another recording format "File / Export" or "File / Save as".
Install the wallpaper
You position yourself on the desktop and doing right click, select "Properties" then "Desktop" and "Browse" and then load the file that is on your PC.
Many supported formats.
Download this article (PDF)
Original article published by Carlos vialfa. Translated by josephine33. This document entitled " How to create an animated wallpaper »fromHow it works (Www.commentcamarche.net)is made available under the Creative Commons license.You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license,as this note appears clearly.download this article (PDF