The case of drugs screening
A narcotics screening test on the driver (or the accompanying conductor student) must take place in two types of cases:
- when the person is involved in a fatal traffic accident;
- when the person is involved in a traffic accident that caused bodily injury.
The security forces can also perform this type of control when:
- the driver is involved in any accident;
- the driver is the alleged perpetrator of an offense punishable by suspension of the driving license or on the speed or the wearing of seatbelt or helmet;
- in general, when there against the driver one or more plausible reasons to suspect that he has used narcotics (behavior, red eyes, sweating, etc.)
The narcotics screening procedure
Screening is carried out first by an officer or a police officer as a saliva sample. This collection allows for the presence of drugs (cannabis, cocaine, amphetamines, etc.). When the result is positive, the license is then subject to immediate administrative detention by the police. Analyzes and medical examinations, clinical and laboratory are then performed. These tests give particular rise to the intervention of a doctor and to the achievement of a blood in the presence of an officer or a police officer.
If you are controlled currently driving after consuming narcotics expose you to sanctions for drug driving.
download this article (PDF