It can happen to make a wrong move and no longer able to open his photos with the traditional "Windows Picture and Fax". Here's a tip that explains how to retrieve it by default (ie the double-click will open your image in this program).
Valid in all SE, System Restore will solve your problem if it is recent. To do this, click "Start, Accessories, Tools Systems, System Restore". Choose a restore point prior to the onset of the problem. This will effectively reset the Windows settings at the time of restore point.
Your data will not be affected
Disable Spybot resident
Try the method right-click:
- right click, open with a default program, and look "Preview Images". Remember to check the box "always use this program". If you can not find it, see below.
Attention Vista, the Windows Photo Gallery is not what you want.
No no! Do not look for the executable, there is none. Also, do not confuse everything. It is important to distinguish "Windows Photo Gallery" and "preview".
The only way you is:
- Right click on the image
- Open with --> Choose Default Program
- Browse --> See you in C: \ Program Files \ Windows Photo Gallery \
- Click bottom right on the dropdown list and choose "All files" (Instead of applications).
- Find the file "PhotoViewer.dll" and double-click.
- Click OK and do the same for all image formats you have.
Method Not Tested
- Run (or Accessories, Command Prompt)
- type regsvr32 shimgvw.dll and click OK.
Download this article (PDF)
Original article published by. Translated by The Lion King. This document entitled " reset "Overview images" Windows by default. "Stemming fromHow it works (Www.commentcamarche.net)is made available under the Creative Commons license.You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license,as this note appears clearly.download this article (PDF